Reduce Fear this Halloween
Reduce Fear this Halloween
Reduce Fear this Halloween
Halloween is a fun-filled time for children, but there are many dangers associated with the holiday unrelated to ghouls, goblins and witches. Parents need to take the necessary Halloween safety precautions to make sure their children remain safe while still having fun. Check out our infographic on safe costume choices to help keep kids safe on Halloween.
Drive Safely as it gets Darker
Daylight Saving Time ends every year on the first Sunday in November. This means it starts to get darker earlier. As we set our clocks backward by one hour in most areas of the country, here are some tips for driving at night.
Green Cross Tip: When you change your clocks, it's also a great time to check the batteries in your smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors.
Why Hire an IICRC Certified Company?
IICRC Certified Company - SERVPRO of Branford / Shoreline, CT
IICRC (Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certificate) Benefit:
The IICRC is a non-profit certification and Standards Developing Organization (SDO) for the inspection, cleaning, and restoration industries. In partnership with regional and international trade associations, the IICRC represents the entire industry. The IICRC is recognized internationally as a knowledgeable industry voice and resource.
Why use a certified technician?
Professional restoration technicians understand the need for quick response. Immediate remediation is key to controlling escalating costs. The longer the remediation is delayed, the higher the cost of restoration. Certified restorers have the knowledge to test materials and apply the restoration techniques required in order to return the items to their preloss condition.
If you’re looking to hire a restoration company, look for the IICRC logo and ask for the company's certified membership number.
IICRC Certified Firms have earned the right to display the IICRC logo as a symbol of quality. In order to achieve IICRC-certified status, firms must meet a rigorous list of standards in business ethics and expertise, and continue to, in order to maintain their certification status.
All IICRC Certified Firms must:
- Present accurate information to consumers and conduct business with honesty and integrity.
- Require a technician on all jobs who has been formally trained and passed all required tests.
- Require a continuing education program to keep technicians up-to-date on the latest changes in the industry.
- Maintain liability insurance to protect all parties in the event of an accident.
- Maintain a written complaint policy and agree to Better Business Bureau or similar arbitration to resolve disputes, and accept the conclusions and recommendations of arbitration.
The IICRC actively has relationships with fiber producers, carpet and fabric mills, furnishing manufacturers and retailers, and others affiliated with the industry. The use of IICRC service professionals is specified in leading manufacturers’ maintenance brochures and warranties.
SERVPRO of Branford / Shoreline is an IICRC Certified Firm. We follow all IICRC standards in our water, fire and smoke cleanup and restoration as well as our mold mitigation work.
IICRC Certified Firm
SERVPRO of Branford / Shoreline, CT is an IICRC Certified firm. This designation from the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration dictates that we are a professional restoring company known for our professional attitude and for providing the consumer with the highest degree of customer service.
If you have experienced smoke, fire or water damage and need a professional restoration company call us 24/7 at (203) 488-8881
How to Unfreeze Water Pipes
Unfreeze Water Pipes
Water can freeze in home pipes due to faulty taping, a malfunctioning thermostat, or inadequate insulation. Worse, the frozen water can rupture the pipe and cause major damage. Start by looking for cracks and split pipes, and locate the main shut-off valve so you can prevent a flood if necessary. If you've avoided this fate, apply mild heat or insulation to thaw the pipes.
- Disconnect and drain garden hoses.
- Cover outside faucets with insulating foam covers.
- Turn off water to outside faucets, if available, and open valves on faucets to allow them to drain.
- Turn off sprinkler system and blow compressed air through the lines to drain them.
- Close or cover foundation vents under house and windows to basements.
- Close garage doors.
- Insulate exposed pipes (both hot and cold) under house with foam pipe insulation.
- Open cabinet doors under sinks.
- Drip hot and cold faucets in kitchen and bath. Drip single control faucets with lever set in middle.
- Set icemaker to make ice if the water line to it runs under the house.
- Check on pipes to your washing machine in the laundry room
- Locate water main cut-off valve, and have a cut-off key handy.
- Use a heat lamp, electric heat tape, or a portable space heater to thaw frozen pipes that have not burst.
- Keep the faucet open when thawing frozen pipes to allow water to begin flowing through it.
- After the weather has warmed above freezing and any frozen pipes have thawed, turn off dripping faucets and monitor your water meter to check for unseen leaks.
SERVPRO Helps People Get Their Homes Back !
Water Damage Restoration - Branford Water Damage Restoration - How to rebuild your feelings of "home" after flood damage
We are masters of disaster restoration after storms destroy homes. We repair the damages from storm damage such as hurricanes, floods, snow storms, noreasters, arctic blasts, heavy winds, and any other kinds of storm ruined a home.
What would you do after a crisis destroyed your home?
Simply call SERVPRO of Branford / Shoreline, CT and we will take care of everything for you so you have nothing to worry about.
Whether you live or work in Branford, East Haven, Guilford, North Branford or Northford, SERVPRO is Branford’s professional restoration service always on call ready to respond to your fire loss, water loss, or storm loss, around the clock.
SERVPRO Branford handles damage restoration as well as professional cleaning services after the fire damage, water damage, and the mold is gone.
"I am recommending SERVPRO of Branford / Shoreline to my friends and family. They are experienced, trustworthy, and hard working" says John M.
We have restored many clients’ properties damaged from freezing, flooding and ice damming.
We provide a full-range of disaster restoration services including: emergency response, water damage repair, water removal, flood restoration, fire damage restoration, soot and smoke damage services, storm damage repairs, wind damage restoration, industrial dehumidification, structural cleaning and decontamination, mold remediation, environmental services such as hazardous waste removal, duct cleaning services, machinery and equipment restoration, reconstruction, repairing, and cleaning up after fixing the damage from the storm.
Branford / Shoreline, CT Fire & Water Damage Restoration
Professional 24/7 Cleaning & Restoration
Residential and Commercial
Fire Damage Restoration and Repair
• House fire
• Smoke odor removal
Water Damage Restoration and Repair
• Burst pipe
• Water mitigation
Structural Damage Restoration and Repair
• Roof collapse
• Ice buildup
• Mold removal
Call SERVPRO of Branford / Shoreline (203) 488-8881